Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Little Christmas

On Christmas Eve we go to my parents' home to open presents after a dinner of goulash. It has been this way for as long as I can remember. I don't know where it started, but for some reason trains seem to go along with the holiday decorations. My mom's train is a Lego train. Does anyone else remember these?

Last year Santa accidentally left his hat on our fireplace screen. The girls thought that was so funny and we mailed it back to him at the North Pole. This year he left a little note:

Dear Mollie and Allison,

Thank you very much for the delicious cookies and milk. They were a wonderful treat.

I’m so glad you were both such good girls this year. I know there were times when it was difficult for you to get along, but there were also many times when you played well together and treated each other with love and kindness. Those times make your parents and I very happy.

I hope you enjoy the gifts I left for you both.

Be good girls next year, too. I do enjoy visiting your home.

With love and cheer,

Santa Claus

P.S. Thank you very much for returning my hat. My head was very cold and I had to wear Mrs. Claus’ bonnet for a few days. How embarrassing.



Unfortunately he dropped his hat again! I think we'll hang onto it a little longer this time so Santa will learn to be more careful next year.