Monday, August 18, 2008

Jumping Weekend

My girls both love to swim. And jump into a pool. This last weekend we were invited to go swimming each day with different family (thank you again Betty & Elliott and Barbara and Dan!) and treated to delicious dinners. Many of you know I have been really busy the last couple weeks with different events I was involved in. Being able to enjoy the weekend with family fun and dinners was a huge blessing.

My sister and her husband were in town visiting this weekend. Kathy played with our camera and took a bunch of action shots of the girls. Jumping has been one of their favorite pool games in the past. Kathy loved the excited looks on their faces just as they were jumping off the edge.



I recently got them back floats ("power packs") and now they love being in the water practicing their swimming skills. Such a different experience letting them go and not having to hold one constantly! Mollie is really getting the swimming thing down with the float. Yesterday she wanted to practice without it; not quite there yet, but I was proud that she tried for a bit. Allie can also do a little swimming with the float, but she prefers to dog paddle all around the place. She gets mad when I try to hang on and redirect her.