Monday, August 25, 2008

Beach Day

We declared Sunday as a family vacation day and headed to the beach. Mollie loved jumping over the waves. She's not a fan of playing in the sand, just like her daddy. Allie felt unsure about going into the water until I showed her how we can fill the buckets with water to go make wet sand for castles. Scott and I made several trips back and forth filling buckets with her. She did well going in the water after that, even when a wave knocked her down.



Many of my friends know I am a people watcher. I was noticing how at the beach people are very similar to one another, no matter what the age. People of all ages were going to the water's edge, sticking in their toes, and running out because it's so cold. Mollie gained confidence in playing in the waves while I sat near by and watched. I watched her dance and jump and laugh. At one point she was just standing there letting her feet sink into the sand and the waves came in and out. You know that feeling? Wondering just how long you can keep yourself up before falling down, and wondering if you can save yourself before you DID fall. There I was, watching my daughter discover her limit in balance, and I was ready to jump up and help her if needed. And I got to thinking about how God allows us to figure out how long we can balance. About how He is always just right there for us when we need Him.