Monday, June 23, 2008

Put in Our Place

With having sick kids and going on a mini camping trip we had missed a lot of Sundays at church. I didn't know what to expect from Allie when we went to drop her off in her class. The teachers were great and got her right back into it all perfectly. When I went to pick her up she was happy and so excited to see me.

"Mommy!" as she ran up to me and hugged my legs. Then with the sweetest smile she looked into my eyes and asked "Donut?"

So that's what I've become to my youngest daughter on Sundays.

"No honey. Daddy has a donut for you outside. We need to get your sister from her class first."

After picking Mollie up we went outside and found Scott. Allie ran up to him and gave his legs a big, happy hug.

"Daddy!"

Then she looks up with the sweetest smile and Scott is glowing. He loves his daughters so much. And I'm smiling too, because I know what's coming next.

"You have donut?"